Back in 1890 Grahams were one of the first Port Houses to purchase vineyards thus ensuring that they could manage harvesting and grape quality themselves. This attention to detail and commitment to quality continues through to today. That the house exists at all is more down to providence than strategy though. Brothers John and William Graham had in fact been trading in textiles since 1820. It was only when a customer had to settle a debt with barrels of port rather than cash that their heads were turned. Today the business is owned by another family, the Symingtons, whose quest for quality and attention to detail are no less than the brothers' all that time ago.
Utterly delicious. Lightly sweet.