5 Gin & Tonic Recipes For a Dinner Party
If you think you can throw a dinner party, not invite us and then expect to recommend five of the best Gin & Tonic recipes in the whole wide world then you’re absolutely right... Here they go!
Plymouth Pink Gin & Tonic
Of course we're kicking this list off with a pink gin, why wouldn't we!? Sweet strawberries and punchy black peppercorns are used to make one of the most fragrant G&T concoctions we've ever tasted, you've gotta try it at your next dinner party! P.S. Ignore the stares when people see you with a pepper grinder over their drinks, they'll thank you for it.
- Muddle 2 of your strawberries and black pepper in a shaker.
- Pour into an ice filled glass
- Stir in your gin.
- Top with tonic water.
- Garnish with a strawberry
Spicy Chilli and Lime Gin & Tonic
Did you know that a a piece of chilli added to a jug of cold water adds a refreshing taste without adding chilli heat? Well it does the same to a glass of Gin and Tonic! The lime kicks up the refreshment factor a notch making this G&T the perfect palette cleanser between meals
- 45ml Brockman's Gin
- Fever-Tree Premium Indian Tonic Water
- 1 red chilli
- Juice of ¼ lime
- Coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
- Slit chilli lengthwise and lightly muddle in a glass.
- Add ice, lime juice and gin.
- Top with tonic and stir gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves if using.
Blackberry Lemon Gin & Tonic
This takes the classic gin and tonic to a whole new level but in a subtle way. If you have a friend at your dinner table that isn't so hot on gin (we all have one) this will blow their mind! But be warned it's easy to throw a couple of these back without even realising so go easy especially if you're cooking!
- 90ml Alkkemist Gin
- Fever-Tree Tonic Water
- 60ml simple syrup
- 4 blackberries
- 5 mint leaves (Extra for garnish)
- 1/2 lemon (Extra for garnish)
- Combine 3 blackberries, the mint leaves, juice from 1/2 of lemon and simple syrup in a high ball cocktail glasses.
- Muddle ingredients until berries are fully crushed.
- Fill each glass to the top with ice.
- Add Alkkemist Gin and stir.
- Top with tonic water and garnish with a slice of lemon, blackberry and mint leaves.
Smoky Grapefruit Gin & Tonic
We've had pepper now it's time for a little salt! This intriguingly complex twist on the classic gin & tonic is as aromatic as it is refreshing and requires a little extra effort but it is totally worth it!
- 60ml Hendrick's Gin
- 60ml Schweppes Slimline Tonic Water
- 60ml Schweppes Soda Water
- 15ml grapefruit juice
- 1 half-wheel slice of pink grapefruit
- Sea salt
- Place grapefruit on a medium heat grill and cook, turning once, until lightly charred, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add gin and grapefruit juice to an ice filled glass.
- Top with tonic and soda, and garnish with grilled grapefruit slice sprinkled with sea salt.
Jam Gin & Tonic
This cheeky little number uses that pot of jam you have in your cupboard to upgrade on the two ingredient gin & tonic in the most delicious way. This sweet cocktail is best served with a good old stodgy pudding!
- 50ml Yerburgh's Jam Jar Gin
- 118ml Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic Water
- 1tbsp Blueberry jam
- Lime wedges
- Juniper Berries
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add one spoon of jam.
- Add gin to the shaker.
- Add ice to a glass and pour in your gin and jam mixture.
- Top off with tonic.
- Add fresh squeezed lime wedge and some juniper berries.
- Stir and enjoy!