Southside Cocktail Recipe
If you're a gin cocktail fan, you should add this one to your repertoire. Ask your nearest bartender or cocktail historian to describe the South Side, and you’ll likely receive a variety of responses. Some say it’s a Gimlet with mint that’s served up in a cocktail glass. Others describe it as a gin-based Mint Julep served over ice. Either way, it combines some of our favourite flavour combos; Gin + lemon + mint = delicious.
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Nutrition: 150 Calories
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Garnish: mint sprig
- Add the mint leaves and lemon juice into a shaker and gently muddle.
- Add the gin and simple syrup with ice, and shake until well-chilled.
- Double-strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
Category: Drinks Cuisine: Cocktail