Francophile Cocktail Recipe
The Francophile cocktail drink features the French brandy Calvados, plus Rioja wine, cinnamon simple syrup, fresh lemon juice and water. Calvados gives the drink a rich backbone of apple and oak that merges seamlessly with the red Spanish wine and its hallmark notes of dark berries, plums and herbs. If you can’t find Rioja, aim for a medium-to-full-bodied wine with plenty of tannins and some acidity to stay on track. Avoid anything too light, as it will get lost in the drink.
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Nutrition: 85 Calories
- 1 1/2 ounces Rioja red wine
- 1 ounce Calvados
- 3 ounces water
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- Garnish: apple slice
- Garnish: cinnamon stick
- Add the wine, Calvados, water, cinnamon simple syrup and lemon juice to a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat until warm, but not yet simmering.
- Remove from heat and pour into a thick-walled mug and garnish with an apple slice and a cinnamon stick.
Category: Drinks | Cuisine: Cocktails