Picante de la Casa Cocktail Recipe
Lovers of the margarita, we have a treat for you here! The Picante de la Casa Cocktail, also called the Soho House Picante or Soho House Tonic, is a creation of the Soho House Club. That is a group of private members' clubs with its origin in Soho in the Londoner West End. The cocktail, however, does not have its roots in England but in West Hollywood, USA. -Although, actually, it looks like it could be straight out of Mexico.
Soho House have shared the recipe for their picante de la casa. The picante is based on the much-loved margarita, but the picante cocktail ingredients includes chilli and coriander – to add a little extra heat and spice. It is revelatory – and a drink you’ll be coming back to.
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Nutrition: 150 Calories
- 50ml reposado tequila
- 20ml agave nectar
- 25ml fresh lime juice
- 1 chilli pepper (about ¼ inch wide)
- 10 coriander leaves with stem
- Cut a small piece of chilli and press with muddler in the shaker tin.
- Hand clap the coriander (to release the aroma, place the leaves or sprig in one hand and gently smack it with the other – this warms up the garnish slightly and starts to extract the oils before you use it), and drop in.
- Build (this is the process of adding one ingredient after the other and stacking them straight into the glass, no shaking or stirring necessary) the rest of the ingredients, shake and fine strain into an ice-filled rocks glass (a short tumbler used for serving spirits).
- Cut off the top end the chilli pepper and place – stem upwards – on top.
Category: Drinks Cuisine: Cocktail