Hot Toddy Recipe
To be sure, a Hot Toddy will cure you of anything you've got! This simple hot drink could not be easier to make, or more relaxing to drink. For this classic cocktail, you’ll just need hot water, whiskey, honey, and lemon. Unlike your typical mulled wine, hot toddies are light and hydrating rather than overwhelmingly sweet.
Hot toddies are lovely slow sippers or night caps. They're perfect for cosy movie nights with the family, or serving at festive outdoor events. Not only are they delicious, they also have medicinal properties, as Hot toddies are reported to help reduce cold symptoms. This may or may not be an old wives' tale, but we'll take it.
The secret to making the best hot toddy is balancing the perfect amount of lemon juice and honey until it suits your taste buds, so don’t be afraid to change the portions to your liking. You’ll be surprised by how much an extra teaspoon of lemon juice or honey changes the flavour. Once you’ve found your perfect mix, it’s a classic you’re sure to be serving up every year!
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Nutrition: 145 Calories
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ ounces whiskey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey, to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1 lemon round
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a simmer. Pour the hot water into a mug.
- Add the whiskey, 2 teaspoons honey and 2 teaspoon lemon juice. Stir until the honey has disappeared into the hot water. Taste, and adjust to your preference
- Garnish with a lemon round and cinnamon stick (if using)
Category: Drinks | Cuisine: Cocktails