Bourbon Cider Smash Cocktail Recipe
If you've been paying attention while scrolling, you'll have noticed just how many 'Smash' cocktails we have! A smash is really just a liquor based drink that served with ice and has some sort of sugar or syrup. It almost always has herbs and usually seasonal fruit. This cider smash is sweet, citrusy, and warming. The perfect cocktail to cozy up to and welcome the start of autumn or any time of year. It’s also incredibly easy to make!
Whether you’re looking for something cold and refreshing, or hot and warming, you really cannot go wrong with cider in a cocktail.
Prep time: 3 Minutes
Nutrition: 280 Calories
1 lemon (cut in half then each half in quarters. You will end up with eight pieces)
4 ounces bourbon
5 ounces apple cider
- 2 cinnamon stick (To Garnish)
- Place lemon wedges in the cocktail shaker and muddle for at least 2 minutes. You want to extract as much lemon juice as you can and bruise the skin for the zest.
- Add bourbon and apple cider.
- Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with ice, cap it and shake it at least 20 seconds.
- Add fresh ice to glasses. Strain, divide and pour the liquid into the glasses.
- Add 2 lemon wedges to each glass.
- Place two slices of apple in each glass along with 1 cinnamon stick.
Category: Drinks Cuisine: Cocktail