Baileys Affogato Recipe
If there's one thing we're good at here at The Bottle Club, it's cocktails that double at desserts. Don't tell anyone, but this fancy-sounding pud is actually just 3 ingredients, and is the ultimate option to serve a crowd at a dinner party or gathering at home. Affogato is a classic Italian dessert consisting of gelato and espresso, a simple yet impressive flavour combo that is sure to wow guests.
Another reason to love this simple recipe, is that it's easily customizable. You could switch the ice cream flavour for something richer, like dark chocolate. Or, you could opt for one of Bailey's quirky flavours like Eton Mess or Apple Pie.
Prep time: 1 Minute
Nutrition: 260 Calories
- 2 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- ½ cup freshly brewed espresso (or very strong coffee)
- Place a scoop of ice cream into each serving dish.
- Pour the Baileys over the ice cream, then the hot espresso (or coffee, if using). The ice cream should melt slightly. Serve immediately.
Category: Dessert | Cuisine: Italian