Mild weather and mulled cider are a match made in autumnal heaven! The sweet aromas mixed with spicy flavours make us feel all cozy inside and is one of the few things we look forward to when the weather starts cooling down. Our ultimate mulled cider recipe is super easy to follow and the result is the perfect warmer for parties, gatherings or those nights around a bonfire.
If you want to put a new twist on a seasonal tradition follow our recipe now!
- 2 litres of Sheppy's Somerset Cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 1 vanilla pod split lengthwise or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 nutmeg finely grated
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- Place apple cider, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, star anise, vanilla and orange slices in a large pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Decant into cups, add apples for garnish.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
If you're not ready to give up on summer but still have a flock of thirsty guests you need to impress check out our 8 Best Big Batch Cocktails blog for some fuss free inspiration!