Tequila Sour Recipe
The Sour Cocktail is versatile – whether you decide to switch up the spirit, sour or sweet element, the end result will almost always be delicious – just remember to stick to that golden ratio of 2 parts liquor, 1 part sour and 1 part sweet (but hey, if your personal preference is different, you do you!).
A tequila sour is one in the family of sour cocktails. Sours are defined as three parts: liquor, citrus, and sweetener. Of course, there are all sorts of variations on the theme! The most classic of all sours are the Whiskey Sour and Pisco Sour. But let us blow your mind for a sec: you can make a sour with pretty much any flavoured spirit. To make a tequila sour recipe with no egg, simply swap for a tablespoon of aquafaba (chickpea water.).
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Nutrition: 210 Calories
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) tequila reposado
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 egg white
- For the garnish: Cocktail cherry and lime wedge
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake for 15 seconds without ice.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker and shake again for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a glass and garnish.
Category: Drinks Cuisine: Cocktail