One sip and you're transported to your favourite beach vacation. As always with classic preparations, the quality of ingredients truly matters. To make the best strawberry margarita cocktail, the lime juice needs to be fresh; the tequila should be of good quality so that it's smooth, not harsh; and the triple sec should be balanced and smooth - Cointreau is the traditional choice, and a good one. It’s surprisingly easy to whip up the perfect strawberry margarita on the rocks recipe with just those ingredients (and of course, the salt) and have yourself a delicious and satisfying bev in no time.
It’s hard to pinpoint the exact origins of the Margarita, but some claim it was invented at a bar in Juárez, Mexico, in 1942. It certainly seems to be a descendent of other classic cocktails at the time, such as The Sidecar and The Daisy. Either way, the unique taste of this classic drink has been loved for generations and is sure to transport you to a sunny Mexican beach in no time.
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Nutrition: 300 Calories
- 1 lime wedge, plus 2 lime wheels for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, for glass rims
- 4 ounces (120ml) high-quality blanco tequila
- 2 ounces (60ml) triple sec, such as Cointreau
- 1 1/2 ounces (45ml) fresh juice from 2 limes
- 10 fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon strawberry syrup
- Run lime wedge around the outer rims of 2 rocks glasses and dip rims in salt. Set aside.
- To a blender, add strawberries, tequila, lime juice, syrup and triple sec. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Fill glasses with fresh ice and strain margarita into both glasses. Garnish with lime wheels and serve.
Category: Drinks | Cuisine: Mexican