Make it a Manhattan kind of night and the highlight of any Happy Hour with the Basil Hayden Bourbon take on the classic cocktail.
- 50ml Basil Hayden’s or Knob Creek Rye Whiskey
- 25ml sweet red vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- orange peel, to garnish (optional)
- maraschino cherry, to garnish (optional)
- Fill a mixing glass with ice. Pour all the ingredients (except the garnishes) over the ice and quickly stir the drink down to the dilution you like.
- Strain the drink into a chilled coupette. If you don’t have a strainer, any kitchen sieve will work just as well.
- If using, twist a piece of orange peel over the drink to extract the oils and release the aroma, then discard the peel. Top the Manhattan with a maraschino cherry to serve.