Ice cream cocktails - the new way to enjoy drinking this summer!
As the UK weather continues to throw us that odd scorching hot day, which always hits us unaware and unprepared, the question of how to cool down is always on the tip of our tongues. It’s not difficult to know the solution is a cool ice cream or an ice cold cocktail - but what if we could have the best of both worlds? Well, we’ve got good news for you: Ice cream floats aren't just for kids! The best thing about growing up and (trying) to be an adult is that you can spend the day getting drunk from boozy ice cream cocktails - satisfying the kid in you whilst still appeasing that need for something alcoholic!
Strawberry Baileys Ice Cream Cocktail
- 300g strawberries (about 10 strawberries)
- 600ml good quality vanilla ice cream
- 80ml milk
- 40ml Strawberries and cream Baileys
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Put them in a blender with the ice cream, milk and Strawberries and cream Baileys.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and add more Baileys if desired.
- Strain through a sieve to remove the strawberry seeds (this produces a much smoother drink and is worth it if you have time).
- Serve ice cold and enjoy!
Rum Ice Cream Float
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Root beer
- 30ml dark rum
- 2 tbs salted caramel sauce
- 1 maraschino cherry (optional)
- In a glass or mason jar, drizzle 2 tbs salted caramel sauce working your way up the sides of the glass as well.
- Pour in rum.
- Add two scoops of ice cream and slowly top with root beer.
- Garnish with a cherry, sip and enjoy!
Blackberry Gin Ice Cream Float
- 30ml gin (you don’t want anything too floral)
- 90ml dry prosecco
- 2 scoops. blackberry sorbet
- blackberries to garnish
- Add the sorbet and the gin in a glass.
- Top with Prosecco.
- Give it a good stir and enjoy!
Champagne Float with Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 bottle strawberry lemonade
- 1 container of strawberry sorbet
- 1 bottle champagne or sparkling wine
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- Strawberries for garnishing
- In a glass, add a few small scoops of sorbet.
- Top with strawberry lemonade
- Add champagne
Chocolate Mudslide Cocktail
- 50 ml Baileys
- 25 ml Tia Maria
- Top up chocolate milk
- Top up double cream
- Shake the baileys and tia maria in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain into a lowball glass.
- Add the desired amount of chocolate milk.
- Finally, add some squirty cream on top.