Signature Wedding Cocktails That Will Please Every Guest
With cocktails being all the rage right now it’s no surprise that couples are opting to feature Signature wedding cocktails at their reception. And let’s be real, everyone is looking forward to cocktail hour.
Weddings are the perfect chance to personalise EVERYTHING. It’s your big day after all, and one of the only chances you’ll get to make everything about you. Whilst handwritten vows and personalised DIY decor are great ways to represent your style, providing an extension of who you are as a couple, here at The Bottle Club we think that signature cocktails are an amazing way to put your own mark on your big day and one you’ll guests will love.
You’ve put so much effort into every aspect of your wedding, so don’t let all that effort fall flat when the bar becomes an afterthought. Signature cocktails are an impressive way to make a statement, with clever names, personalised flavours and even the potential to match your colour scheme. Coming up with his and hers signature wedding cocktails can be a great way to add another personal touch to your big day.
Not every venue will let you run wild with your own cocktail bar, but if you get the go-ahead or just need some inspiration so you can better instruct your venue on what you want, we’ve found the best signature wedding cocktails that are sure to impress.
Strawberry Rosé Punch
Rose is the thing to be drinking, combine it with a summer classic of strawberries and you’re on to a winner.
- 1-pint strawberries
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 10 cups crushed ice
- 1 bottle blood orange or strawberry soda
- 750-ml) bottle of rosé wine
- Add strawberries, basil and sugar in a large punch bowl.
- Mash strawberries until they reach the consistency of fresh jam.
- Add ice, soda and rosé to the punch bowl and stir to combine. Serve in wine or punch glasses.
Elderflower White Cosmopolitans
This modern take on the classic cosmo is sure to wow your guests, especially with elderflower trending.
Ingredients: (serves 1)
- 60ml vodka
- 2 tablespoons St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 2 tablespoons white cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Edible flowers for garnish
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Add the vodka, elderflower liqueur, white cranberry juice and lemon juice. Cover, shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass and add garnish
St. Germain Prosecco
Another great option if you are crazy about elderflower (and let’s face it who isn’t)
- Pour St. Germain into wine glasses, add drops of Angostura bitters. Top with Prosecco.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.
Blackberry Whisky Lemonade
The one for the whisky-loving guys (and girls!) in your life.
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- 24 frozen blackberries
- ice cubes
- 185ml Scotch whisky
- 750ml chilled lemonade
- Divide bitters among serving glasses and swirl to cover the bases and sides.
- Divide blackberries and ice among serving glasses.
- Pour over the whiskey and lemonade and serve
Fresh Watermelon Mojitos
Watermelon mojitos are Fruity and fresh and taste just like summer. They’re also super simple easy to make but seem much more impressive.
- 1/2 a medium size watermelon (about 4 lbs watermelon), seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup white rum
- 20-30 fresh mint leaves, muddled
- Use a food processor blender to blitz the watermelon until smooth.
- Pour the pureed watermelon into a large pitcher and add in the lime juice, muddled mint leaves and stir.
- Add the white rum.
- Add simple syrup to taste, up to ½ cup simple syrup, and stir again.
- Pour into an ice-filled glass and enjoy!
The best part of sangria is that you can make it with almost any fruit and it’s actually better when made with cheap wine!
- This recipe makes 30 servings:
- 9 Oranges
- 1 Pint of Strawberries
- 4 Bottles of Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 Cup Cointreau
- 1 Bottle Sparkling Water
- 1 Bottle Blood Orange Soda
- The day before the wedding cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces
- Cover the fruit with the Cointreau and wine
- Refrigerate overnight
- Add the sparkling water and soda immediately before serving