Royal Wedding Cocktails
This Saturday the biggest social event of 2018 takes place, as Prince Harry marries American actress Meghan Markle in Windsor Castle.
What better excuse to treat yourself to a couple of royal cocktails inspired by Great Britain’s newest royal couple.
The Royal Rose
A toast to Meghan, this cocktail is inspired by the national flower of England and America, the rose.
- 1 oz. Hendrick’s gin
- ½ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz. champagne
- 2 teaspoons rose jam
- Combine the gin, lemon juice and rose jam in a mixing glass
- Shake well.
- Strain into a flute.
- Top with champagne.
- Garnish with a small rose petal.
The Prince Harry
Named after the lovable redhead, Prince Harry has loads of ginger, dark rum and a dash of bitters.
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 oz ginger beer
- 3/4 oz King’s Ginger liqueur
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- twists (Garnish: lime)
- Combine rum, lime juice and ginger ingredients over ice.
- Stir and strain into a glass with ice cubes and top with Angostura.
Celebrate Meghan and Harry’s big day with this a good all cuppa – with a twist!
- 40ml Chase Vodka
- 10ml Chase Elderflower Liqueur
- 2x 1cm cubes ginger root
- 10ml honey
- 20ml fresh lemon juice
- 5ml strongly brewed Earl Grey Tea
- Shake all ingredients with cubed ice,
- Double strain into a teapot (recipe makes enough for a single serve).
- Pour out into teacups and serve. Garnish with a white rose.